Slow painting

Sunday 7 December 2008

Year-round interest


I didn't realise that strawberries put on a show of autumn colour. After they'd finished fruiting I cut back the foliage. It's now grown again, and given a pleasing display as a decorative plant.

Sadly this is all I have to report from the allotment this week. Hard ground frost coupled with extreme pre-Christmas busy-ness have meant no time at all to get along to the plot. Perhaps next weekend - if I manage to finish my Christmas shopping during the week. Now there's an incentive.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting about the strawberry plants. I know all about the Christmas this n that! I'm pulling for you and maybe I'll get some shopping done too!

Peggy said...

Hi have been reading your posts,also left a comment on the shed photo.I rooted new strawberry plants and put them into a cold greenhouse but then read they should be left out for the first frosts before bringing in. So have done all that and will have to wait until next year to see if it works.
Best wishes
Peggy

Linda said...

Darla, Christmas shopping still isn't finished - hope yours is going better.

Peggy, good luck with your strawberries. You would think that strawberries would be the last plant to need cold, but it seems to be so. Wishing you a bumper harvest next year!